Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lost


Apologies to all my readers for being away so long. I have moved since the last post, visited family, and started a new teaching job. All big exciting and wonderful changes.

More importantly I have found myself struggling and working to live and act out many of the beliefs and principles I have posted on this page. It is an exciting challenge, though at times overwhelming. What I have learned so far is that the struggle is a good thing. Everyday I teach, I run into new bumps, or find myself in different tangles. It is the process of exploring these bumps (which lie largely within myself), following the thread of the tangle that I am learning to put the ideas and principles into concrete actions or words, maybe even a certain state of mind.

My blogging silence has come from not having any of it figured out just yet, not having anything concrete to say - however, i was thinking about it this morning and the humility of struggle and not knowing can be a great antidote to the hubris that can come with books and theories standing alone without action. It is in praxis, the combination of action, thought and reflection, that we can really forge our beliefs. And i think that more often than not praxis is messy, and that is ok. it is better to wade into the mess waist deep than stand on the safe shores of our certainty. So i invite you to join me as I find my way through the swampy bog of the real world.....welcome to the bog blog!

No comments: